“We win by knowing the issues better than anyone else and having a deep bench of talent and experience.”
Wendy Briggs is a lobbying powerhouse with a reputation for taking on the toughest legislative issues and an unmatched record of success. She is widely recognized as one of Arizona’s most accomplished lobbyists and has been named the top female lobbyist in the state. Wendy’s success is based on a relentless pursuit of her client’s objectives. Many of the nation’s largest corporations and local associations have turned to Wendy for her ability to take command of the most complex issues, legal expertise, and attention to detail.
In addition to lobbying, Wendy has been involved in regulatory, legal, and campaign activities. She has represented clients on a variety of regulatory matters before many state agencies including the Departments of Insurance, Health Services, Liquor, and Revenue. She has taken the lead on legislative testimony regarding constitutional and legal matters and counseled issue and candidate campaigns on campaign finance laws.
Wendy is a proud Wildcat, having earned both her undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Arizona. After law school, Wendy spent a few years practicing law before discovering her passion for lobbying and the legislative process.
Outside of the office, Wendy is busy with community service and family activities. She serves on the Board of Teach For America and the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Wendy and her husband, Mark, can often be found watching their boys Marshall and Landon playing soccer or baseball.
Areas of Expertise
Insurance and workers’ compensation, healthcare, banking, tax and budget, employment law, licensed beverage, transportation, utilities, land use, First Amendment matters, and general business.
- 2008-2018: Peer selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Government Relations
- 2014: Named the Best Lawyers® 2014 Phoenix, Government Relations “Lawyer of the Year”
- 2013: Winner “Best Female Lobbyist,” Arizona Capitol Times, Best of the Capitol 2013, (6/25/2013)
- 2010: Named one of the top female lobbyists, Arizona Capitol Times, (10/25/2010)
- 2007-2009: Selected as an Arizona “Super Lawyer”
- 2006: Selected “Best of the Bar,” Arizona Business Journal, (1/20/06)
- 2004: Named “Arizona’s Top Female Lobbyist,” Arizona Republic, (4/26/04)
- 2003: Named as one of 14“Up and Comers” in the legal profession, BizAz (September–October 2003)